CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 7, 2008

Carly's Mishap

While the kids and I were at my mom and dad's in January, Carly had a very unfortunate thing happen to her. We were brushing her teeth, and she was standing on the closed garbage can. (This was the source of all her problems, of which I did warn her about.) It slipped out from under her and she hit her mouth on the bathroom counter. After calming her down and slowing the bleeding, we realized that she had pushed one of her front teeth up into her gums. It went up so far that you almost couldn't see the tooth.


This is what it looked liked right after she did it. We had to keep a cold rag on it for about 2 hours before the bleeding finally stopped.


And this is what it looks like now. The dentist says that it should work it's way back down into place. We don't know if it did any damage to her permanent tooth, and won't until it actually comes in. She goes back to the dentist in May just to make sure that it is still healing properly.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh my gosh!!! that SOUNDS painful!!! When I was 4 I fell and knocked my two front teeth completely out!! not sure which would be worse....knocking them out, or knocking them further in! Poor little girl. She looks very calm in those pictures, and still looks like her little adorable self! Sorry to hear about your health problems as well..... I've been enduring health issues as well... so I feel for ya. Good luck with everything.

I am Chree-uz. said...

Oh my gosh! That sounds a little like...JENNI!!!! : )

Ouch that gave me the woozy...>shaking head back and forth<